College Sports Apparel New York
Let's start with some biographical note: Jerry Rice was born in Starkville,Mississippi,October 13,1962.
Out of college Crawford (Mississippi), attended the small university of Mississippi Valley State, and for the team of this well-totals 4, 693 yards, so much so that two teams are interested in him: first the Birmingham Stallions,franchise of the defunct USFL and then,above all,the San Francisco 49ers ,making it their first choice (sixteenth overall) in 1985.
Jerry is really the luck of the Californian team: thanks to its extraordinary ability to go get 'long',the game WEST COAST of the SF 49ers Joe Montana ,based mainly on horizontal passages,you can find deep and this 'new dimension' allows the team to remain in vogue for several years.
With the colors red and gold,Jerry well 3 Superbowl wins in 1988,1989 and 1994.
JERRY "WORLD" RICE
The long and exciting adventure with the 49ers ends,however,in June 2001: Jerry is 'cut',for reasons related to the salary cap.
But ours does not have to wait long to find a team that is interested in him through,in fact,the Bay to settle in Oakland,where the Raiders welcome him with open arms.
From the 49ERS RAIDERS
After passing in the 2004/2005 season by the Raiders at Seattle Seahawks (with whom he also combined crabs),in the off-season Jerry signed a contract with the Denver Broncos .
But as soon understands that his role would be marginal and its use very little,decided to bid farewell to football played.
Since when has sung playgrounds,Rice was a "scourge" constant for the statisticians of the NFL: We report below its records,obtained during an incredible career:
- Total TDs: 207
- On receiving TDs: 197
- Receptions: 1, 549
- Yards of reception: 22, 895 (average of reception: 14.8)
- Total Yards (receptions,racing,steps,return): 23, 546
- Seasons with 1, 000 or more receiving yards on 14
- NFL games in a row with at least one reception: 273
- Yards of receiving in a single season: 1, 848 in 1985
- Tds on reception in a season: 22 in just 12 games played in 1987
- Matches with more than 100 Yards of reception: 75
- Start with 2 or more TDs: 41
- Consecutive matches with at least one TD: 13
- Consecutive seasons with at least 50 receptions: 12
- Receptions: 151
- Yards of reception: 2, 283
- On receiving TDs: 22
- Games with 100 or more receiving yards on 8
- Consecutive matches with at least one reception: 28
- Consecutive matches with 100 or more yards: 3
- Total TDs: 22
- Total Yards: 2, 288
SUPER BOWL RECORDS
- Receptions: 33
- Yards of reception: 589
- TDs: 8
- Receptions in a game: 11 in Super Bowl XXIII
- Yards of reception: 215 in Super Bowl XXIII
- On receiving TDs and TDs in one game: 3 in Super Bowl XXIII and XXIV
- Total points: 48
- Points in one game: 18
- TD faster: 1 min and 24 "in SB XXIV
PRO BOWL RECORDS (selected by 13 times)
- Receptions: 37
- Yards of reception: 504
- NFL Rookie of the Year: 1985
- Player of the Year by Sports Illustrated: 1986 - 1987 - 1990 - 1993
- NFL MVP: 1987 (first receiver to win since 1951)
- Super Bowl MVP: 1988
- NFC MVP: 1994
- Pro Bowl MVP: 1995
JOE MONTANA AND JERRY RICE
It 'really hard to write all about Jerry "World" Rice.But we would like to dwell on those who were the most exciting moments and matches of his long career and not yet finished.
September 11,1988 - The Montana couple - Rice (QB and WR for the San Francisco 49ers) offers moments of magic.Last minute of the game,the 'Niners are in the score,and Rice is,of course,under double coverage.Despite this,he manages to get a passage from his QB,and with a movement of his own,does collide opposing the CB and S and succeeded in making a TD from 78 yards.Victoria 'Niners!
Baby Fanatic 2 Count Team Color Bibs, New York Giants
Baby Product (Baby Fanatic)
You might also like:
Better wear plastic at this induction ceremony2008-05-01 12:12:47 by bornagaingumby
At least in the first row-like a gallagher/watermelon show.....this guy spits up a storm.
By Jack Carey, USA TODAY
Former coach Lou Holtz, who led Notre Dame to the 1988 national championship and also coached five other programs, heads the College Football Hall of Fame's 15-member 2008 class for Bowl Subdivision (formerly Division I-A) teams, announced Thursday.
New Jersey college football players "caught" being honest — CBS News
WAYNE, N.J. Four New Jersey college football players are proving that honesty is the best policy, CBS New York reports.
MLB Nes Group New York Yankees Batting Helmet Earbuds
Sports (Sports Images)
Mark Sanchez New York Jets Wall Decal
NFL New York Giants Super Bowl XLVI Champions Lighter, Team Color